An international group of doctors and scientific experts is joining with non-profit organizations today to urge pregnant women to limit their exposure to wireless radiation from cellphones and other devices by taking simple steps to protect themselves and their unborn children.
The public awareness campaign, called the BabySafe Project, is being coordinated by Grassroots Environmental Education and Environmental Health Trust, and is based on independent scientific research linking exposure to wireless radiation from cellphones during pregnancy to neurological and behavioral problems in offspring that resemble Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children.
The BabySafe Project is promoting ten simple steps women can take to limit their exposure to wireless radiation:
• Avoid carrying your cellphone on your body (e.g. in a pocket or bra).
• Avoid holding any wireless device against your body when in use.
• Use your cellphone on speaker setting or with an “air tube” headset.
• Avoid using your wireless device in cars, trains or elevators.
• Avoid cordless phones, especially where you sleep.
• Whenever possible, connect to the internet with wired cables.
• When using Wi-Fi, connect only to download, then disconnect and disable Wi-Fi.
• Avoid prolonged or direct exposure to nearby Wi-Fi routers.
• Unplug your home Wi-Fi router when not in use (e.g. at bedtime).
• Sleep as far away from wireless utility meters (i.e. “smart” meters) as possible.
…story continues at http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/